Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Self-Helpin'



I did something I previously found unthinkable: I bought a self-help book.As an employee at Borders, I dreaded the "self-help" section. It felt like an industry that was preying off of misguided people and, of course, I had it ALL figured out. Funny. I know. As a creative type, I am very drawn to strong, good graphic design. This book caught my eye. The Firestarter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide for Creating Success on Your Own Terms. I picked it up, read a couple pages, and, much to my surprise, my eyes started stinging as they welled up with tears. My heart started racing. I flipped through some pages and found some passionate truths and loving encouragement. I've been working my way through ever since. I will probably be sharing blurbs and insights from the book as I work through. I'm in no hurry to get through it. It's full of worksheets and writing exercises, so I get up in the morning for my Lu-time and do my best to absorb every bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment